We at Shoreline Leisure are delighted to announce the return of our Swimming Lessons on Monday 5th July 2021. Please note that things will be a little different, but rest assured we will be operating in adherence with public health guidance and we will implement guidance with your co-operation. We want to thank all our members for supporting us over the last few months and to all of our staff who have been working hard to get our swim school ready for its big splash back. Please read the below carefully.
Your HomePortal is now Live with your new Day/Time allocation
How Swim Lessons Will Work
- Please make sure your child is Swim-Ready. This means coming to our facility with their swim-wear under their clothes or wearing a towel-robe to reduce changing time before and after lessons
- We recommend arriving no more than 5 minutes before your class starts
- Once you enter, hand sanitiser will be available for you and your child to use
- You will also need to get your temperature checked which will be located at the entrance
- Our staff will direct you and your child to where they can get ready for class.
- Each class level will have its own designated changing area, where you will be allocated your own cubicle to be used for the duration of the lesson.
- Once your child is ready for their lesson, your child will be directed to stand in their designated area – this is where they will wait for their class to start. Signage will also be in place to assist.
- Once lessons have ended, your child will again get the opportunity to use the pre shower area (this will be a very short shower to wash any chlorine residue from the swim togs) and then be directed to the changing area. Please don’t delay in getting changed. Hair dryers will not be available for use.
- We ask that Parents/Guardians promptly collect your child after their lesson has finished.
- Follow signage and the direction of staff to exit the building as quickly as possible.
- Social distancing must be strictly maintained and we ask all members to wear a face masks upon entry to our facility.
- Due to government guidelines, we still encourage a policy of 1 parent/guardian per 1 child participating in swimming lessons to prevent overcrowding in the changing area and viewing gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
What changes can I expect on arriving for lessons:
- New procedures to ensure social distancing
- Staggered class times to reduce the numbers in our changing area at the same time
- Increased sanitation and disinfection routines throughout the facility using our Eco-Friendly ‘Ozone’ cleaning product proven to kill Coronavirus that is safe for use by children, parents and staff.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our reception desks
- Extensive training for staff in managing Covid-19 in the workplace. Our staff may be wearing PPE to protect both members and staff where social distancing measures cannot be adhered to
Will my Current Day and Time remain the same?
Levels 1-5 will resume lessons; however, each members Day and Time will be affected due to our new swim school operations in line with COVID guidelines. Unfortunately, it will be impossible to facilitate lessons if we do not strictly apply these rules. We hope this will be short term, and we will then be able to return to our normal swim school operations.
In order to re-open our Swim School while adhering to the current restrictions and guidelines the following levels will not be re-starting;
· Children Lessons: Ducklings and Rookie Lifeguard
· Children Lane Training: Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday
· Adult Lane Training
How will Lessons operate?
Pre-Lessons: Parents/guardians will enter our facility and must check in while sanitising hands and getting your temperature checked. Please proceed to the changing area where your designated level area will be assigned. You will have your own area for the duration of the lesson. Once changed please proceed to our viewing area your swimmer will be under the supervision of the teacher at this point.
During Lessons: Due to government guidelines on social distancing, we still encourage a policy of 1 parent/guardian per 1 child participating in swimming lessons. Shoreline will ask all Parents/Guardians to wear a mask at all times from arrival until departure. You will not be allowed to gather in any public areas including reception or changing areas during the lesson. Please maintain social distancing throughout your stay.
Post lessons: We ask that swimmers adopt a “Dry, Dress and Exit” system after lessons. We know lots of our swimmers bring pyjamas and onesies for after their lesson even in normal times and recommend this is done when we restart lessons by everybody. We also recommend slip on shoes for ease of dressing pre and post lessons. We ask all parents/guardians to be ready when the lesson is over for a prompt collection.
Will changing rooms be available?
Changing rooms will be available, however we will be asking swimmers to arrive “swim ready” to limit use of the changing rooms to after lessons only. This means having swimwear under clothes that are easy to remove or wearing a towel-robe. We also ask that swimmers adopt a “Dry, Dress and Exit” system and shower at home before and after lessons. We know lots of our swimmers bring pyjamas and onesies for after their lesson even in normal times and recommend this is done when we restart lessons by everybody. We also recommend slip on shoes for ease of dressing pre and post lessons
Will social distancing take priority over helping my child if they are struggling?
We will be relying on social distancing and increased hygiene throughout this period however the safety of our swimmers and preservation of life will always take priority over social distancing. Therefore, if a swimmer is in difficulty, the teacher will respond following the guidelines.
Will it be considered that my child hasn’t been in the water for a number of months?
We know that our swimmers have not been in a pool for several months and we want to ensure we re-introduce them in the safest way. Our team have been developing the ‘back to lessons ‘section of our swim teaching programme and we will be start with this for the first weeks of our return to lessons.
Are parents/guardians still able to view lessons from the viewing gallery & bring other viewers to the lesson?
Due to government guidelines on social distancing, we still encourage a policy of 1 parent/guardian per 1 child participating in swimming lessons. Shoreline will ask all Parents/Guardians to wear a mask at all times from arrival until departure. You will not be allowed to gather in any public areas including reception or changing areas during the lesson.
I have more than one sibling in Swim Lessons:
We have tired our best to accommodate siblings on the same day and time slot. If you have a query regarding a day change, please email swimschool@Shorelineleisure.ie
If you have any further queries, please email swimschool@Shorelineleisure.ie