Our Parent and Tadpole classes (4month- 1year) will help you and your little one to learn the beneficial swimming techniques such as how to swim with your baby above and below the water and how to teach your baby water confidence and key lifesaving skills. Equally important, our parent and tadpole swimming classes provide the most overwhelming bonding experience. Our parent and tadpole classes are for four months-1 year and take place on Tuesdays at 10am-10.30am and are for ages 4month-1year. The run for an 8 week block each term.
What happens in our Parent & Tadpole lessons?
- Lots of songs, activities and games to make learn to swim fun for you and your child
- Extending breath control, submersion and independent mobility skills through activities such as dolphins, humpty dumpty and jelly on the plate
- Learning to kick and reach using balls
- Learning breath control techniques and preparing to submerge your swimming baby when you are both ready
- Developing mobility and buoyancy skills through independent kicking, paddling and floating
How Our P& T Lessons Work
- Our lessons work in small groups and you will be in the water with your little one at all times along with one of our teachers in the water also.
- For ages 4months-1year only
- Our courses run for 8 weeks & Cost €102.00
- Classes are 30 minutes in duration and take place once a week allowing you to build up the water confidence each week.
- Our teachers will tailor each swimming lessons to your little swimmers ability each week
- You just need a swim nappy and/or swim costume for your little swimmer.
Benefits of our Parent & Tadpole Swimming Classes:
- One of the main benefits of baby swimming is that it starts building water confidence early. Weekly classes maintain your baby’s development – using building blocks of development and progressive practices. Our swimming classes are structured to ensure babies are constantly and continuously stimulated.
- Swimming helps to improve coordination and balance. Because much of your baby’s body is supported by water, the main focus for them is on maintaining balance. On the whole, babies who swim have a much better balance out of the pool.
- Swimming helps to build muscles. Working and strengthening all of their muscles effectively helps to make them stronger. Swimming strengthens your baby on the inside. While swimming will help to develop their muscles and joints, it also improves the strength of their heart and lungs, and helps to develop their brain.
- Swimming provides quality bonding time. During your time in the pool your little one has your undivided attention for the duration, also during our swim classes, babies interact with others in a fun and happy social environment.
- Swimming builds water confidence. Many parents pass on an uneasiness of water to their children because they themselves are not confident swimmers. Going in the water with your baby will not only make them more assured about being in and around water, it can build your confidence too!
- Water is a natural environment for babies, in which they feel safe and secure. Weekly baby swim classes further develops the bond with your baby and many parents/guardians tell us that that their baby’s sleeping and feeding improves. Starting to swim at an early age familiarizes children with water and gives them the confidence to swim below the water level.
Looking to Join one of our Parent & Tadpole Classes?
Our class takes place on Tuesdays at 10am-10.30am and cost €102.00 per 8 week term, They are for 4months-1year only.
Our enrollment takes places on week 8 of each term. You can view the next enrollment date and available spaces here regarding out next intake.