Children Lane Training
Our Children Lane training is aimed at those that have completed our level 5 lessons or equivalent in another centre. this is the next stage of your child’s swimming lessons. In lane training they will improve on their own skills and techniques of the four competitive strokes, starts and turns. Our lane training helps to increase swim stamina including lifesaving backstroke, sidestroke and treading water. Lane training will develop all strokes over 100m +, using correct breathing technique. The skills of safe dives & tumble turns will be developed, and timed swims will also be introduced during this level. We have three different levels for your child to progress through from beginner, intermediate to advanced.
Children Lane Training takes place on Monday and Tuesdays 7pm . It is for up to 15 years old who have completed over level 5 or equivalent in another centre.
Swimmers will have developed a range of skills in previous stages and these are now brought into a sequence.
- Push and glide and swim 100 metres backstroke
- Push and glide and swim 100 metres front crawl
- Push and glide and swim 100 metres breaststroke
- Push and glide and swim 50 metres butterfly
- Perform a sitting dive or dive.
- Thread water comfortable
- Perform Dive, Surface dive & Tumble Turn
- Complete a set lasting 800 metres
- Swim 800 metres continuously choosing one stroke
- Swim a continuous 100metres individual medley using legal turns
- Perform a 15 metres underwater kick on front in a streamlined position
- Do a backstroke start then butterfly kick in a streamlined position underwater until 10 metres from the start point (wall), transfer into stroke and complete the remainder of the 25 metres
- Perform a front crawl start, underwater kick in a streamlined position until a minimum of 10 metres from the start point (wall) is completed, transfer into stroke and complete the remainder of the 25 metres
- Complete a set lasting 1600 metres
- Swim 1500 metres continuously choosing one stroke.
- Perform a continuous 100 metres individual medley kick without using a kick board
- Swim a continuous 200 metres individual medley using legal turns
- Perform a 15 metres under water butterfly kick on back or front in a streamlined position
- Be able to dive and glide from bottom of pool, collecting an item
- Arm-swing forward jump straight from poolside
- Crouched forward dive with hands grabbed above head to start from poolside*