How Swim Lessons Will Work
- Please make sure your child is Swim-Ready. This means coming to our facility with their swimwear under their clothes or wearing a towel-robe to reduce changing time before and after lessons
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your class starts
- Please do not enter the building until a member of our team signals to do so.
- Our staff will direct you and your child to where they can get ready for class.
- Each class level will have its own designated changing area, where you will be allocated your own cubicle to be used for the duration of the lesson.
- Our levels 4 and level 5 groups are in their own changing area (split between boys and girls). We ask all parents/guardians to respect this changing area for the swimmers only and wait at the collection point before and after the class.
- Once your child is ready for their lesson, your child will be directed to stand in their designated area – this is where they will wait for their class to start.
- Once lessons have ended, your child will again get the opportunity to use the pre shower area (this will be a very short shower to wash any chlorine residue from the swim togs) and then be directed to the changing area. Please don’t delay in getting changed as our next group of lessons will be due in.
- We ask that Parents/Guardians promptly collect your child after their lesson has finished in a timely manner. Follow signage and the direction of staff to exit the building as quickly as possible to allow for the next group of swimmers to enter.
- We recommend ideally 1 parent/guardian per 1 child participating in swimming lessons to prevent overcrowding in the changing area and viewing gallery
- No food or drink is allowed in our view gallery and our changing village.
- Children Lane Training: We ask that you follow the above also but if possible to adapt a system of dropping your swimmer at reception , they will then make their way to the changing area. This is to prevent overcrowding in the changing village and viewing areas.
What can I expect on arriving for lessons?
- Our swim teachers focus on introducing swimmers to the range of swimming skills using a fun, engaging approach while all the time developing the skills to enable the swimmer to progress through each level! On lesson day, the receptionist will welcome you and show you again where the changing rooms are and our swimming pool
- Other children might have been attending that class for several weeks already. New children joining in will be gently introduced to their peers, activities, and games, and given space and time if yet not keen to participate but still always encouraged to join in when they are ready to do so. Our swim teachers will always focus on positive experiences. Even if it takes a few lessons for your swimmer to trust them and feel comfortable in the water environment. The key to a successful lesson is that children learn through play and enjoyment. And to make sure they look forward to coming back for their next class again.
- Communication between parents/guardians and teachers is very important. If there’s anything a teacher must know about the child, this must be communicated in advance of the lesson (impaired physical or mental abilities, anxiety, or previous experiences in water, etc.). And be assured confidentiality will be paramount.
How will Lessons operate?
Pre-Lessons: Parents/guardians will enter our facility and must check in with reception. Please proceed to the changing area where your designated level area will be assigned. You will have your own area for the duration of the lesson. Once changed please proceed to our viewing gallery, your swimmer will be under the supervision of the teacher at this point.
During Lessons: We recommend 1 parent/guardian per 1 child participating in swimming lessons to prevent overcrowding in the changing village, viewing area and to keep a calm environment for our swimmers who may find a lot of people and noise overwhelming. We ask not to gather in any public areas including reception or changing areas during the lesson.
Post lessons: We ask that swimmers adopt a “Dry, Dress and Exit” system after lessons. We know lots of our swimmers bring pyjamas and onesies for after their lesson and recommend this is done where possible. We also recommend slip on shoes for ease of dressing pre and post lessons. We ask all parents/guardians to be ready when the lesson is over for a prompt collection in their designated level area.
What do I need to bring to swimming lessons?
You need a swimming costume, goggles, swimming hat and towel (you can purchase hats and googles at reception if needed). Make sure you arrive promptly (entry into lessons will be 5mins prior to your swim lessons slot) so you have time to change and be ready for the start of the class. Even though you are in the water, please bring a bottle of water with you to re-hydrate afterwards.
Your personal swim portal:
Once you are set up on our swim school system you will receive an email via coursepro to set up and activate your personal swim portal. Here you will have all your lesson information, track your swimmers progress, and make payments for the next term all online. We recommend you ‘bookmark’ or add to your home screen on your phone or on other applications for ease of access to your swim portal.
How do I renew my Swimming lessons for the next Term?
Our lessons (closely) follow the academic school year calendar. On week 6 of our 8-week term you will have the option to ‘Top-up’ and re-enrol into the next term. You will receive three emails 1) reminding you that re-enrolment is coming up 2) an email when your portal opens to ‘top-up’ your account 3) if you have not done so on your last lesson of week 6 you will get a final reminder email. We only ever send notifications via email and do not send SMS or personal phone calls. We have a deadline to re-enrol by and no late payments will be taken after this deadline each term. It is up to each member to make themselves familiar with the term dates and to re-enrol into the next term on time. Shoreline leisure do not take any liability for any late payments or re-enrolments and if you miss the deadline, you will be deemed no longer a member of our swim school.
When will you contact me?
Current Swimming term and important renewal information are sent to you via email. We have had reports of our emails unfortunately going into spam boxes. To avoid this please ‘add’ our email address to your address book to ensure you receive our important messages. You will receive a notification about re-enrollment coming up the week before it opens and then you will also receive a notification to tell you that your online portal is now Open for re-enrollment. Please see our term dates which is found on our website.
What should I do if I no longer want to continue my swimming lessons?
Although we do enjoy seeing our swimmers progress along their Swim journey you are free to leave the swim school at any time. However, we do not offer refunds or credits in the event of this happening as the payment made secures the place for the full term. A Refund will only be issued on a medical basis only. In the event of a class cancelled due to unknown factors we will credit your portal for use in the next term. Read more in our Terms and Conditions bellow.
Swimming Lessons Terms & Conditions
- All swimmers must be re-enrolled on the dates specified by the centre to secure their place for the following term of swimming lessons. It is the responsibility of each parent to know when children are to be re-enrolled. Shoreline Leisure will not personally notify parents or guardians to ensure their child is re-enrolled.
- Our lessons (closely) follow the academic school year calendar (please note we only ever take a break at Christmas and Easter (1week)). On week 6 of our 8-week term you will have the option to ‘Top-up’ and re-enrol into the next term. You will receive three emails 1) reminding you that re-enrollment is coming up 2) an email when your portal opens to do ‘top-up’ your account 3) if you have not done so on your last lesson of week 6 you will get a final reminder email.
- We only ever send notifications via email and do not send SMS or personal phone calls.
- We have a deadline to re-enroll by and no late payments will be taken after this deadline each term. It is up to each member to make themselves familiar with the term dates and to re-enroll into the next term on time.
- Shoreline leisure do not take any liability for any late payments or re-enrollments and if you miss the deadline, you will be deemed no longer a member of our swim school.
- Re-enrollment cannot be completed, and places cannot be held, until the full amount has been paid. These fees are non-refundable
- Please note you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your re-enrollment, if you did not receive this your re-enrollment has not been processed and you will need to complete the re-enrollment process once again. It your responsibly to make sure you have completed the re-enrollment process correctly
- A Refund will only be issued on a medical basis only. In the event of a class cancelled due to unknown factors we will credit your portal for use in the next term.
We are not able to guarantee a particular swimming teacher for a course, lesson, or session and teachers may be changed on a temporary or permanent basis once a course has started. We deliver the Swim Ireland framework, and all our swimming teachers have visibility of progress by each learner and their medical needs.
Every effort is made by the Swimming Team to provide the best instruction for each child at the right level. The instructors do their best to ensure children move through the levels as soon as they are ready, but this depends on the places available in the next class. Children are booked into the same time; day and level that they currently swim at, your child will be moved depending on assessment results and places available in the next level. If the next class is full on the same day/time another time may be offered if available. If no alternative times are available, the child will have to remain at the same level.
Swimmers, parents, guardians, siblings, or all other associates, must observe the venue’s entry rules and respect all other venue rules whilst in the venue. Facility staff shall retain the right to refuse admission. It is imperative that swimmers are on poolside no more than 5 minutes before the commencement of each lesson and (in the case of child swimmers) should be collected from the pool no more than 5 minutes after the lesson has ended. No child will be released until they are collected by an appointed responsible adult. The responsible adult must remain in the venue premises for the duration of the lesson. No refund or “catch-up lesson” will be offered by either company where a child fails to attend or is refused permission to attend any sessions, unless prior agreement has been reached with management team
In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling, or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff or any other person, or causing damage to pool premises or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises, the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. Shoreline Leisure Greystones shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by either company.
A Refund will only be issued on a medical basis only. In the event of a class cancelled due to unknown factors we will credit your portal for use in the next term. If you chose to leave the swim school for any other reasons no refund will be issued against the remaining term.
- We ask all visitors to the leisure centre to be obey the T&Cs and centre rules.
- Bullying in any form will not be tolerated in accordance with Shoreline Leisure Centre’s Child Protection Policy. Children who misbehave will be asked to leave the lesson. No concession will be forthcoming in these circumstances.
- Parents / guardians are not permitted on to the pool side during lessons.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for children in the changing area.
- We require all parents/guardians to always remain readily available on site.
- It is not Shorelines responsibility to look after pupils other than the minute they step onto poolside -Parents / guardians are asked not to distract instructors or swimmers during lesson times.
- Food, drinks, chewing gum and glass containers are not permitted on the poolside or in the changing area.
- Personal belongings are not to be left in changing cubicles while lessons take place. Please use the lockers provided. No responsibility will be taken by Shoreline Leisure, or its staff for lost, stolen, damaged or moved property. – Hats must be worn by all swimmers / jewellery must not be worn or left on the pool side
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool
- Use of photographic and video recording equipment is not permitted on site unless authorized by a member of the management.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
By providing the information to us, you:
- Give permission for the personal and contact information to be held by Shoreline Leisure Greystones for use where necessary to contact you and oversee your safe attendance at our swim school.
- Give permission for your contact email address and or mobile phone number to be used to provide all necessary information for future events, promotions and advertisement purposes relating to Shoreline Leisure Greystones..
- Agree to update Shoreline Leisure Greystones should any of the contact or medical information you have provided change and needs updating. Please let us know if you would like your data permanently deleted from Shoreline Leisure Greystones Swim school records at any time.
If you have any further queries, please email swimschool@Shorelineleisure.ie