Shorleine Leisure is committed to minimising te impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring thay are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise our power usage by sensor lights, and CHP unit.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers.
- Source cleaning products that are environmentally friendly.
- The company will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- The company will create staff awareness of environmental issues.
Air Handling Units
Recently the Shoreline Leisure team have made ammendments to the RPM levels of our AHU system, lowering our night time revolutions to 20% of the regular speeds. This makes a significant saving on power requiremnets throughout the year, thus contributing to the reduction of our CO2 emissions.
Water Usage Reduction
Our members are now accustomed to the water saving taps and shower buttons that get maintened twice per year in an attempt to reduce excess water flow and unwanted leaks or drips. These systems are also twinned with heating systems that supply a higher or lower volume of hot water based on business trends.
Another saving technique is to ask all swimmers to shower before entering the pool. This initiative reduce the amount of chemicals needed to keep the pool clean and also, the reduction of dirt and sediment in the water allows the pumps to work on a lower power level.
Since Shoreline begin operations in 2008, we have continued to manage our different waste requirements. We currently recycle 50% of all our waste through internal recyclel points and through our collection bin management.
Paper & Plastic
We offer four main areas of separate bin recycle points in an attempt to encourage our members and facility users to play their role in the quest for sustainability.
In 2013 we have also supplied our childrens camps with an art challenge about ‘Being Green’ using recycled paper for their pictures.