Environmental Management Plan
The following are examples of initiatives in place throughout the centre:
- Provision of recycling stations in order to encourage both staff and patrons to recycle.
- The use of pool covers outside operational hours in order to reduce energy consumption and conserve heat loss.
- Environmental statement on outgoing electronic mail.
- External recycling stations on the astro-turf pitches.
- Pool backwashing based on usage and pool water testing.
- Push button taps are operational in all areas where possible.
- Energy efficient air handling units and gas boilers.
- Sensory lighting.
- Automatic doors to reduce heat loss.
- Building Managemnet System.
Improvements for the future include:
- Continuous promotion of environmental issues as part of our events calender.
- Promotion of governement cycle to work scheme.
- Continuous research into the latest developments in environmental products and systems.